Jason - I'm surprised there wasn't a burst of feedback on the list about
formatting mail.  I am no expert, but there has been much discussion here
about that, and the RFC's that govern their structure.  I imagine you are
thinking of dropping your notices into the xmail local pickup directory -
which makes sense to me.

It would take a little extra finesse, but it would be extra nice to parse
the name of the virus that has been found, and include that information in
the notification you send to your users.  Since the various AV engines use
different looking reports, perhaps you could include in the XAV.INI file a
place to tell the system how to find the virus name in the report (an
instring type of search looking for a common phrase which is present only
when a virus is detected).  The admin would have to figure out the report
format of whatever virus scanner they are using, and provide the reference
in the XAV.ini.  I hope you will consider these suggestions.  Of course, its
easy for somebody who is NOT doing the actual programming to make
suggestions all night long -   :-)

I would also like to see your XAV mods - I tried to email your address
directly to ask about this, but your server filtered my message. How can we
get together on this?

Liron Newman asked what I had been doing wrong when XAV wasn't working for
me...
For one thing, I have just upgraded from XMAIL 1.10 to 1.16 - and I did not
have the XAV.TAB file in the proper location (filters), but in mailroot (not
correct!).    For another thing, I don't read C source to well, and did not
realize that the section headers [ bla ] must be exactly as they are in the
included ini file.  I thought to make changes there when I added a different
AV scanner - but I made the mistake of somehow disturbing the functions of
the [sectionheader] portions.  When I put them all just the way they were to
begin with (no additional sections), things seemed to improve.

Also, someone recently asked about the # of domains, etc, that our xmail
installations handle.  We are not large, but xmail is very robust, solid.
Davide has created a wonderful engine for us to use - and we all thank him
very much!!  Our stats for February look like this:

Domains:  25
Users:    Approx 210
SMAIL 289,623
POP3 1,602,361
SMTP 657,296
Size:    1067.26 Mb
Number of xmail error/problems  0

Thank to everyone who offered suggestions to me with XAV.  Jason, and Tracy
especially!