Hi,

|Question, in the docs, you have a "." at the end of the
|example maps-root -- is that "." needed or is it a typo?

don't know if is *required*, but it's correct.

All domain names are by definition ending with a dot, because the root
domain is ".". If the dot is missing, is assumed that it's relative
regarding current domain.

So, if my hostname is falko.haje.altaircom.net, gateway means
gateway.haje.altaircom.net and www.microsoft.com means in theory
www.microsoft.com.haje.altaircom.net.

Practically, most of software is adding the dot automatically when the name
contains already one. But in DNS-related stuff (as zones and so on)
generally the strict format of name is required.

-- Michal Altair Valasek [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Altair Communications - web hosting, web design, application development