Yep, HeloDomain is set in server.tab

I'll check the PTR records, but I think they should be fine.

Thanks Davide!!

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Dale Qualls wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I've gotten this reply back a couple of times from various
recipients
> of messages that my users have sent.  I'm not sure where they are
> getting the idea that my IP address may be forged.  I see the mail
for
> the recipient is being passed through securemail.forward.net, so
maybe
> the easy answer is that they are doing something with it.
>
> Any thoughts?

Maybe they test the EHLO domain name against your PTR record, and it
does
not match. Do you have HeloDomain set in server.tab?

> RH8.0
> Xmail 1.17 (I know, but it runs so well that I don't want to upgrade
> until 2.x comes out :)

But you're losing 1.20, possibly one of the best XMail versions ever
:-)

The preceding message and any attachments may contain confidential
information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege.  If you
believe that it has been sent to you in error, please reply to the sender
that you received the message in error and then delete it.  Nothing in
this email message, including the typed name of the sender and/or this
signature block, is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless
a specific statement to the contrary is included in the message.