Hi Don,

Here's the weird thing, I never touched the spamassassin script, or
modified any source code or anything.
I just remember running spamd with the --virtual-config-dir switch and
everything worked.
Also, I did try spamd in Debug mode and it looks like it gets the
"/var/MailRoot/domains" part right,
but then it has "///" for the %d and the %l, so somewhere it is not passing
the variables. Excerpt from the
debug output is below.

debug: lock: 10663 created
/var/MailRoot/domains////auto-whitelist.lock.mail.riaz.org.10663
debug: lock: 10663 trying to get lock on
/var/MailRoot/domains////auto-whitelist with 0 retries
debug: lock: 10663 link to /var/MailRoot/domains////auto-whitelist.lock:
link ok
debug: Tie-ing to DB file R/W in /var/MailRoot/domains////auto-whitelist
debug: auto-whitelist (db-based): [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=none scores 1/-2.63