Not sure if the below is any help.

At some point (not sure whether it was with an RPM package or tarball) I=20
had to modify the sendmail script because it was pointing to the XMail=20
sendmail binary in the wrong directory.  Edited the sendmail script to=20
change the path to the XMail binary & things started working properly.

That was with 1.17 or so.

Adrian Hicks