Hello,

| Can I suggest to be "warning", not 'error' nor 'information'
| .. I think it's more appropriate ...

according to Windows architecture, the recommended meaning of events is
that:

Error is a critical failure, which disrupts (or most likely will disrupt)
normal operation of server. Administrator's attention is required as soon as
possible.

Warning is a non-critical failure, which did not caused any widespread
problems, but still requires administrator's attention.

Information is a notification about certain event, which is part of normal
operation. Situation was resolved the expected way and no administrator's
attention is required.

IMHO, what's most important is the factor of administrator's attention. Mail
loops (when resolved) are semi-normal part of mail server operation and mail
server is expected to deal with them. I, as administrator, can do virtually
nothing to solve the situation - especially at time when the message is
written to log.

I agree that this event should be logged somewhere, to help diagnostics, but
I would prefer it to be information only.

--
Michal A. Valasek - Altair Communications | Microsoft ASP.NET MVP
PGP 0xC4F3579D | www.altaircom.net | www.rider.cz | www.aspnet.cz