Using a rbl (and spamhaus is a good one) and others tools like RDNS, =
GLST,
AV, anti-spam, ... is not a problem IF you take care to advertise your =
users
(if possible before effective deployment date) and explain them =
advantages
and possible problems (and how to explain problem to their contacts ... =
reference page in your site can help ...).
So educated users will not ask you for this type of problems ... (or =
only a
few 'irreducible' ..)

At this time I don't use RDNS nor Checkmailer domain due to too many =
badly
configured domains, especially domains hosted on access providers in =
their
packages, sheep hosting providers, reducing cost to minimum so =
discarding
any no absolutely necessary configurations like PTR, since they are not
'forced' by smtp related rfc's to do them to function (not mandatory).

I think Internet have to change definitively to a new safe mail =
protocol ...
In the hope SMTP that 'Simple Mail Transport Protocol' becomes 'Safe =
Mail
Transport Protocol' (smtp + mandatory thinks like spf, ... for example) =
;-)
But problem is 'backward compatibility' and until you accept old smtp, =
you
don't resolve the problem definitively.
Or all Internet need to switch at the same time to new protocol with no =
more
backward compatibility.
(option is to allow mixed environment for some months, 2 years ? seems =
to me
good enough, then only accept new protocol)

Francis