At 16.50 21/07/05 -0300, you wrote:

XMail DNS resolver had a bug in handling CNAME, but this was fixed in 1.18
and later. However, all versions of XMail have problems with - which means,
are less good than nslookup and dig at - handling DNS info that is
'Non-authoritative' (see below). I used to think this could be worked
around by setting a SmartDNSHost, but I now discover this is not entirely true.

It's mostly a matter of robustness or error recovery: if information stays
'non-authoritative' too long, something is screwed up somewhere, as in this
case. But, IMHO, if nslookup can succeed, so should XMail ...

> >  > set type=MX
> >  > datacomm.iue.it
> > Server:  dns.unifi.it
> > Address:  150.217.1.32
> >
> > Non-authoritative answer:
> > datacomm.iue.it canonical name = dns1.iue.it
> > dns1.iue.it     preference = 10, mail exchanger =
> > avas-iue.cineca.it
> > dns1.iue.it     preference = 20, mail exchanger =
> > mx2.cineca.it
> >

>In fact, I'm afraid you've found a bug. I've tried to
>send a mail to just_a_test at datacomm.iue.it and
>XMail tried to send it to dns1.iue.it (192.167.90.1).
>I just sent the same mail from yahoo.com.br and I got
>"550 5.1.1 User unknown" as expected.

Ciao, Francesco