On 3 Jun 2006, at 9:35, David Lord wrote:

<snipped>

This now looks as though I've been picking up NetBSD 2 packages
rather than NetBSD 3. I noticed a while back that new install of lsof
from a package was complaining it was 2.0 so checked on gmake binary
which hadn't changed from before I thought I'd updated all packages
after update from v2 to v3. A new gmake compiled from source gives
significantly different sized xmail binaries. I'll attempt a complete
recompile of all packages, either on the fast desktop or server
itself if it stays up a while longer.

PC's had another 64 MB ram to take it to 128 MB. I've also installed
and configured both fprot and spamassassin. These cause core dumps on
getting many simultaneous connections and XMail dies without core
dump. Last one was 01:23 GMT when I mailed myself six test mails.
I've now set spamassassin to check maximum of two emails at once and
modified fprot script to do similar. It just handled nine without
problem (3 x spam, 3 x virus, 3 x clean) RCPTs over 5 sec RECVs +3sec
to +4 sec later.

David