Hello Clive,

> I am already using SORBS and I see in the SMTP log that a lot of messages a=
> re rejected because of SORBS.  But I still get a lot of spam from other ser=
> vers that SORBS don't seem to know about.  I checked on the SORBS web site =
> to see if there is a way to report spammers but I only found information on=
>  how to be taken off their list.=20=20

I have recently removed SORBS, as they have for some reason taken a
disliking in most of Africa, which happens to include South Africa. I
have seen way too many false responses from them to still trust them.

I have also found that Greylisting is a much better deterrent for about
80% of all spammers.

> Surely if we're all forming our private lists of spammers, is there not a w=
> ay for us to work collectively and submit the addresses we collect to some =
> organisation that we can all use for blocking spam?  I have a growing datab=
> ase now of spam messages that shows such things as the sending IP address, =
> the mail-from address, recipient and subject.  I just don't know who I can =
> give this to so others can benefit.  If we all work collectively, we might =
> quickly rid the world of spam.

This is exactly what spamassassin already does... There is a filter
list for sterns (sp?) and various others, that can be kept up to date
easily...

--
Best regards,
 Jorn                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]