Hello all,

I decided to give glst a try. Mostly out of curiosity 'cause I don't
receive that much spam at all... yet... :(

First, it took me a while to figure out how to pass the --cfg
parameter to the glst binary but I've got that figured out now. At
first I tried this in my filters.pre-data.tab:

"!aex" "/data/MailRoot/bin/glst --cfg /etc/glst.conf" "--mfile" "@@FILE"

But now I know I had to set it up like this:

"!aex" "/data/MailRoot/bin/glst" "--cfg" "/etc/glst.conf" "--mfile" "@@FILE"

The errors (-97) went away but I didn't get the impression the filter
was working properly because all mail kept coming in without any
delay. I checked the filters logfile and it said:

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
"2007-02-21 22:25:46" "pre-data" "" "0" "0"
"/data/MailRoot/bin/glst;--cfg;/etc/glst.conf;--mfile;/tmp/msrv8b40c.4140b.tmp;"

Looks ok... right? I mean, a first-time user wouldn't notice anything
wrong with that. At least I see a "0" now where it used to be "-97".

I dumped the database I created by running glst manually once or twice
and it didn't list the emails that had come in. So I was sure
something had to be wrong. I then deleted the databases to see what
would happen but the filters logfile still didn't show any errors but
the database wasn't re-created either...

I then changed to permissions on the directory (I have xmail running
as user mail) where the database resides and pronto, it works!

Maybe it's an idea to let glst return some kind of return code when it
can't access or create the database...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

--
Best regards,
Henri                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]