On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Filip Supera wrote:

> Bonjour Davide,
>
> R=E9ponse au message re=E7u le 07/01/2008 =E0 00:03 :
>
> > On Sun, 6 Jan 2008, Filip Supera wrote:
>
> >> Bonjour Davide,
> >>=20
> >>=20
> ;)
> >>=20
> >> I understand.
> >>=20
> >> What are the requirements to become a XMail mirror ? If you want to
> >> have one in France, I think I can help.
>
> > Honestly, to me, it bothers more when mirrors are not properly maintained,
> > than not having them at all.
> > A mirror requires a software that does proper sync (proper =3D=3D use HTTP
> > HEAD instead of downloading each time everything) once or twice a day,
>
> So, I thought a croned "wget -m http://www.xmailserver.org"; would do
> the job. I tested it but I get a few 404 :
>
> http://www.libre-essai.net/xmailmirror.log
>
> When it says "Le fichier du serveur n'est pas plus r=E9cent que le
> fichier local" it means the local file is the same as the remote one.

Don't worry about those. They come from a man2html translation.

> >  and
> > an hostname for me to put as www.XX.xmailserver.org
>
> Does that mean if I set Apache to answer to this domain name and give
> you the IP address of the host it's ok ?

I will setup www.fr.xmailserver.org as CNAME of XXXX, where XXXX is the
host name that you will give me. Such host name must have a virtual server
that will accept requests for www.fr.xmailserver.org by picking up files
inside your mirror directory.