Take e.g. this situation: A user has installed XMail as a proxy on his
notbook. Now he moves to a country where the ISP blocks port 25 of the
first server in the list. So he has to use an alternate config in his
Outlook. Moving on to the next server in the list would be more comfortable.

-- Harald

Davide Libenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Harald Schneider wrote:
>
>> I see - but it would be helpful to ignore and move th the next server
>> in the list in some situations.
>
> That's a rather odd behaviour. A 5xx means "NO, the operation will never
> succeed". If you put a server that gives a 5xx in front of another one
> that may give 2xx, the configuration is wrong.
>

> - Davide

Harald Schneider
Softwareentwicklung + Mediadesign since 1993
Kreuzweg 17 - 66663 Merzig - Germany
USt-Ident DE163098498

Tel: 49 6861 792145  Fax: 49 6861 792146

Skype: hschneider66 ( skype:hschneider66?add )
MSN:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ:   459855864