Thanks for replying.

Francis, absolutely nothing changed since the server started to core dump, I
can assure you. Friday morning, when I got to work XMAIL wasn't accepting
emails anymore because it's partition was full, it had 105GB left Thursday
night. So I checked what was taking all the free space without finding any
huge amount of anormal files. The files inside xmail partition was occupying
less than 5GB.

I have rebooted in single user mode, ran fsck which didn't find anything
wrong, rebooted and got the normal free space left. The problems with XMAIL
started to show up, some mailboxes had truncated emails due to not enough
space to write the files on the HDDs which I have fixed, pop3 clients would
just hangs downloading small emails so I had to kill XMAIL a couple of times
because it wouldn't stop safely. After deleting all the bad mails the
problems persisted and I downgraded to the 1.24 binaries, problems went
away.

Maybe something 1.25 uses on my system got corrupted when I killed xmail, I
don't know..

I am (was) using latest 1.25-stable for at least 3 months and never had any
issue until last Friday. What you mean by "other version" ? When I installed
it 3 months ago I have got the source from:
http://www.xmailserver.org/xmail-1.25.tar.gz

Bill, I will try to run memtest86 ASAP but I have to move the domains and
users to another server before doing that. This is a production server and I
cannot take it down for hours.

Thanks for the help

-fred