If it's something, i have a lot of XMail servers runing with Courier-IMAP
very nice.
Courier-IMAP has served me very helpful in terms of integrating
different authentication
methods, provide for full consistency between POP (XMail), SMTP (XMail) and
IMAP (Courier) authentication, and sharing the user database of XMail,
having to manage XMail users only.

Good lock!

Cesar.