On 5 Jan 2010 at 18:24, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:16:23 -0800
> > From: davi...@xmailserver.org
> > To: xmail@xmailserver.org
> > Subject: Re: [xmail] strange Xmail behaviour (v1.23)
> >
> > On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
> >
> > [  BLAH BLAH BLAH . . .  ]
> >
> > > I _did_ check the system though, but sending a couple of e-mail message
> > > back and forth from web-based mail addresses (like this one). Nothing
> > > came through and I noticed that whatever I tried to send from the
> > > problematic domain didn't get out of the LAN.
> >
> > Messages do not disappear, unless there is some hardware or OS problem.
> > If you send a message, *and* the message is accepted by XMail, than the
> > message is either in the spool (and you have the slog for it), or you'll
> > find an entry for it leaving the system in the SMAIL log.
> >

> And where exactly might "spool" be? The "SMAIL" log ?
> Forgive my ignorance Davide but I don't know.

It's all in the xmail documentation and if you don't
have it to hand it would be a good idea to download it.

On my NetBSD system "locate xmail-1.23 | grep Readme"
/usr/local/sources/xmail/xmail-1.23/docs/Readme.html
/usr/local/sources/xmail/xmail-1.23/docs/Readme.pod
/usr/local/sources/xmail/xmail-1.23/docs/Readme.txt

Here spool is a tree of directories at
/var/MailRoot/spool/ and layout for this is in the docs
along with instructions on using various admin tools.

Logs are in /var/MailRoot/logs/ but you may need to
enable them by adding commandline parameters and
restarting xmail.

David