Hi, I'm using an old Xmail 1.21 on Windows server 2003, which has been rock
solid for years.
Recently I've started to see occasional DNS issues where xmail is attempting
to send to the A record IP rather than using the MX.
Looking in the Xmail MX cache folder, it has the correct MX servers for the
domain yet still sends to A record.
One particular domain that causes this issue regularly is kumon.co.uk.  It
has 2 mx records (correct in the xmail MX cache) and an A record that points
to a different IP.  Xmail connects to the A record, which appears to be
running a mail server for some other domain!

Also, if i turn on the 'check mailer domain' occasionally I get incoming
mail rejected as 'your domain has not MX records', even though I can do a
manual mx lookup ok.

I'm running my own Bind 8 DNS server on the same machine (for several years
also), I'm thinking there must be some connection or timeout problems
somewhere.

Do you think updating to the latest XMail would improve this?

Thanks
Dave