Simon Thum wrote:
In case you're set out to DTRT, may may consider making it two X devices
for stylus or puck. IFAIK the wacom driver does that.

Maybe, but I'm no X.org driver expert. I'm happy that I managed to get this driver to work again without crashing all the time ;-)

For me, it seems like two input sections in xorg.conf result in two instances of the driver, right? If so, then this would be pretty bad for the hyperpen tablet, as it is a serial device. The driver directly communicates to the serial port. There is no global instance (kernel module, ...) where multiple driver instances can connect to.

I think hardcoded mode is a useful feature, but I'm still unsure how the right option name would be. The "Aiptek" driver also has both (Cursor and Mode), but I think they support two "input sections" in xorg.conf, which can't work with the hyperpen driver.

Yours

Manuel