On Sat, May 6, 2023 at 9:04 AM Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 5/5/23 16:07, Anuj Phogat wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response Adam. I've seen this behavior across multiple
> > graphics applications
> > and graphics drivers. This is an extreme use case I'm trying out. So,
> > there's a
> > possibility of this use
> > case not being handled correctly by any of the applications or graphics
> > drivers.
> > But I also see some basic X functionality, like closing the window using
> > the "x"
> > button, not working
> > properly with windows opened past the 256 limit. This happens with a
> > modified
> > limit of 512. I had to
> > use xkill to close those windows. Any thoughts about this?
>
> Closing the window with the "x" button is a function of the window manager.
> Does the window manager you are using assume the number of X clients is
> limited to 256?  That xkill works suggests the X server is handling it
> correctly.
Alan, I took the window manager out of the equation by running multiple
instances of vkcube with Xorg without running any window manager.
Xorg.0.log file does show a log about set max clients through a .conf file:
(**) Option "MaxClients" "512"

But, I start seeing below error messages at the end of the log file once
the number of vkcube instances go past 256:
"_XSERVTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed"

Seems like the modified max clients limit of 512 is not getting configured
correctly in X.

What can I do to fix / debug this error ?