On 2/5/24 12:45, tlaro...@kergis.com wrote:
I'm continuing my review and I'm now looking at libxcb and xcbproto.

Is there a goal set to switch from auto* tools to meson/ninja for the
maximum of projects?

Yes - that's our overall direction, but progress is going slowly.  There
is some though - if you look at the postings from the past few days on
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2024-February/thread.html
you'll see libpciaccess dropped the autoconf files altogether after
having a previous release with both, and libxkbfile & libXvMC both
had their first releases with meson added and announcing plans to
drop autoconf in the future.

Since I have to untangle things for my own built framework, I may as
well provide meson files (that are undoubtely more readable than the
auto* dance) when I am at it...

That'd be nice.  You should be able to find a number of examples of
how we've set up the .gitlab-ci.yaml files to build with both methods
when both are present and test that the expected combinations work.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersm...@oracle.com
         Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris