Andreas Falkenhahn wrote:
Hi,

I have the following setup:

Anybody got a clue what's going on there?
You could add test code that uses XQueryTree() to find out why.

http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/window-information/XQueryTree.html

Hmm, I'm not sure if this would help. What is really confusing me is the
fact that even when I call XGrabPointer() on my main window (mode set to
GrabModeAsync), I can still get the task bar to pop up. How can this
happen? Isn't XGrabPointer() supposed to intercept delivery of all mouse
events excepting the window specified in XGrabPointer()?

When I call XGrabPointer() without changing the screen mode using
XF86VidModeSwitchToMode() it works exactly like that: Everything on the
desktop except my window seems frozen. Clicking on the taskbar doesn't
trigger any action. It's completely dead. However, when calling
XGrabPointer() after XF86VidModeSwitchToMode(), it's possible to pop the
task bar to the front. It's pretty weird because I thought that after
XGrabPointer() the mouse would be completely mine until I call
XUngrabPointer().

Does XGrabPointer() return GrabSuccess? It won't if something else has
grabbed it.

http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/input/XGrabPointer.html