John Peter Tapsell wrote:

> Sorry for another overlay question on this list..
>
> Where can I find information about overlaying?
>
> i want to have my hardware link an area of memory to the display (preferably
> using colour keying)
>
> Thanks
>
> JohnFlux

In what context?  Are you doing a custom display application and want to
know how a specific video chipset does overlay?  That's something you'll
find details on in the individual chipset documentation.

If you are talking about under XFree86, then you'll need to use Xv to
pass the video to XFree86 to be displayed in an overlay.  Docs for Xv
are in the XFree86 tree at:
xc/doc/hardcopy/xv/xv-protocol-v2.PS

--
Kevin