On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Kenneth Crudup wrote:

> Looking thru a couple of months of list archives turned up nothing, so:
>
> When running 4.1.0 on my laptop using a S3Virge MX, my system clock loses
> at least two seconds per minute.
>
> I've done everything I can to narrow this down, and the bottom line is
> when X is running, even in a "fresh" weave (running "X" only), even when
> the VT is not active, my clock is slowed. I've tried pulling out all
> the optional stuff (fifo_aggressive, the pci-burst/retry stuff,
> NoPM, you name it). I've got an AMD K6-2 at 400MHz.

I must say I've been noticing a time shift in my PC's clock as well. It
didn't bother me much, as the difference is not that big, over quite a
long period of time (in my case, anyway). Therefore, I haven't sought to
find the cause.
My hardware differs a lot from yours, so if the X server is causing time
loss, I wouldn't blame it on any of the drivers.

I'm curious as to what others think and/or experience...

-Yuri