On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, VisoTech - Johannes Püller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Xfree86 4x with an Elsa Gladiac 511 Twin graphics adapter.
> This card has two VGA outputs. Of course I would like to use two
> monitors now, but I stumbled into some configuration problems. In the
> documentation I found out, that the BusID is mandatory in such a
> setting. What I tried now is to start the XServer with the -scanpci
> option and not surprisingly it found the following:
> "(1:0:0) unknown card (0x1048/0x0c65) using a Nvidia GeForce2 MX"

   The "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 does not support the
second head on NVIDIA cards.  You can only use the second head
if you are using NVIDIA's binary Linux drivers.  It is not configured
the way other dual-head cards, like Matrox, are configured.
Read the documentation that comes with the drivers - look for
the section on TwinView(TM).

                                Mark.