Is anyone else noticing that DPMS doesn't always go to full powersave?
In the s3virge driver I'm seeing it fail to do complete screen saves
after about 24 hours.  It still blanks the screen, but doesn't go
standby or off.  I finally realized it seems to be losing the vt/X
graphics screen state, because if I switch to a console, it will still
do full powersave.  It's not supposed to do that is it?  I thought it
would use console blanking when the Xserver is switched away, and use
full DPMS when the Xserver is switched in.

Restarting the server makes it screen save normally until some later
time 8,6, 24 hours.  I haven't determined how long it takes to loose the
state.

--
Kevin