Hi all,
is it possible to write an xfree86 graphics driver that has similar functionality as
Xvfb? (i.e. doesn't care/require graphics hw on the machine). I'm playing with writing
a thin client (like vnc) that's transparent to X apps, and even though i could hack
Xvfb to do what i want, it seems to me that a graphics driver would be a much nicer
approach.
I've been looking through the drivers code and playing with it and it seems like
there's no straighforward/clean way to tell X:
"i don't care about the hw, just trust me, i can display anything".
The cleanest way seems to be to tell X that I'm a generic vga driver and can support
any hw, so is this the only way to go? any problems that could arise from this?

thanks,
ricardo

---
Ricardo A. Baratto                        - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Columbia University                                GPG ID: A2E896ED
GPG Fingerprint: B02A ABD1 52D5 113A F900  5865 9784 0D61 A2E8 96ED