I tried watching the movie xine_about.avi using xine 0.98.  On screen 0,
the builtin flat panel display, it worked fine.  On screen 1, the
external monitor, it did not.  Instead, the xine screen on the external
monitor went black.  At approximately the same location on screen 0 as
the xine screen on screen 1, a rather colorful rectangle appeared.  It
was made up of pink lines and stuff that looked like static.  When I
stopped the movie, the static stopped moving.  However, the pink box
remained until I exited xine.

dbr