Thank you very much for advice. Could you please further advise which NVIDIA binary drivers should I use, as there is a bunch of them. My understanding is that two packages are needed, one for NVIDIA_kernel and another for NVIDIA_GLX. I probably have (how to check it?) RedHat 7.2 SMP kernel i686 configuration. So, which drivers to choose? For the kernel, it seems obvious to choose NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.rh72smp.i686.rpm, but what to choose for GLX as there is no version for i686. Should I choose NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2880.i386.rpm ?

After installation of the two NVIDIA drivers, should I configure XFree86? How? Can I use Xconfigurator for that?
It seems as Xconfigurator won't still know anything about NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go card and about
Toshiba's 15" UXGA TFT (1600x1200) display. How to configure then?

Any advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Paul