On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:44:58 -0400
>From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: XF4.2 and RADEON Support
>
>What is the current status of support (xf v4.2) in terms of an
>accelerated driver for the ATI RADEON cards, specifically the
>M6, 7500 and FireGL 7800 cards??

XFree86 4.2.0 supports the M6, 7500 however it doesn't support
the FireGL 7800 out of the box.

I have written a patch that adds support for the FireGL 7800
which seems to work for at least one user, however I do not have
the hardware to officially test it on myself.

The patch is included in Red Hat Linux 7.3 and has also been
submitted to XFree86.org.

You can dig the patch out of our src.rpm if you like as well, it
is the following patch:

# ATI Radeon Mobility M7 (LX) support - Mike A. Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Patch130: XFree86-4.2.0-ati-radeon-mobility-LX.patch

I don't know if 3D works or not, and I haven't touched any 3D
code in the above patch.  If you try it out, and 3D works also,
please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,