We have been trying to get a Matrox G450 PCI to work correctly on two
different systems (one of which has not AGP slot and the other where
we wanted to add a second set of displays). No joy!

We see the display sync and the cursor works reasonably well, but
the display is corrupt with odd vertical lines appearing and colors
being mis-mapped such that  a terminal window with a black background
suddenly has a white background (making it tough to read the white
characters).

It is fairly random, sometimes looking like it is almost right and
sometimes being totally trashed, though the cursor always seems to
work.

The systems were both running FreeBSD and XFree86 4.2.1.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Phone: +1 510 486-8634