On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Apostolod Dimitromanolakis wrote:

>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:39:11 -0400
>From: Apostolod Dimitromanolakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: ATI Radeon 7500 fails in XFree 4.2
>

>Hi to everybody,
>
>I have some trouble trying to make my new ATI RADEON 7500 (OEM, made by
>ATI) work with XFree 4.2.0/1. When X Server start no problems are
>reported but the screen goes to standby mode. Of course there is nothing
>on the screen and moreover when I switch desktops the screen does not
>turn on. However the sustem keeps working ok and does not halt.
>
>I have tried disabling acceleration ("noaccel") and the card works ok.
>Also the VESA driver works fine. The video card works fine in Win32.
>
>I'm sending you my config file and the X Server log.

Your video card was not made by ATI.  ATI made video hardware has
a vendor ID and subvendor ID of 0x1002, yours has a subvendor ID
of 0x174b, which is a "Powered by ATI" board made by "PC Partner
Limited".

>From your log file:
(II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 1002,5157 card 174b,7161 rev 00 class 03,00,00 hdr 00
                    ATI made chip      ATI didn't make card

--
Mike A. Harris