On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 02:51:57PM -0600, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
> The question on my, and David's, mind is whether or not bus mastering was
> enabled on server entry.

According to lspci, it was definitely enabled.

> > Thanks and my apologies for the upset.
>
> Indeed.  In the future, please differentiate between real and perceived
> problems.

Please excuse me for having spent a frustrating two weeks of my time
previously to try and find this problem and present a solution which, at
that time, fixed VT switches for quite a number of ATI users.  This should
be seen in the context of the fact that this problem was known about and
nobody else was able to/was willing to spend the time to find a suitable
solution.

Please also excuse me for getting a little concerned at your changes and the
very cryptic CVS log message that you took time to submit.

I would also like to thank you for the decidedly unclear reply you sent to
the mail in which I voiced my concern.  If I were you, I would simply have
sent a mail clearing up the confusion (have a look at David's mail if you
would like to know how this is done) and thus politely stopping that whole
thread, but that's just me.

Thanks again,