Hey,
Are you using the same hardware? I downloaded the Mandrake distro from
their site and just installed. No compilations. When u encountered those
lockups, did the mouse pointer also disappear??
I think you can help me out on this. so please send in more details about
ur situation....
thanks.
--Mukhben