Kevin,

> Wondering if the same applies for v0.6 (Haven't had the time to test)...

No, there is not xorg directory in v0.6.  That was introduced in v0.7.

> As mentioned previously there are at least 2 ways to do this;
>
> 1) Move all required tarballs to server1.xrdp.org, which I believe is your
> own system?
>
> That would do the job of having a guaranteed  location for the sources, with
> a small tweak needed for v0.7 (and .6?) buildx.sh
>
> 2) For each branch, bundle all required sources into one tarball, which is
> then downloaded in one fell swoop, untar, then use each tarball as before.

> In my opinion, this is a better option; currently, buildx.sh downloads each
> required source tarball as it proceeds through the list of
> modules/python/fonts/etc necessary to build the X11rdp server. The trouble
> starts if/when the build process breaks, and it breaks when a) There's a
> tarball download problem, or b) There's a compile problem.
>
> The tarball download thing is annoying especially if buildx.sh is some way
> through the process (say File 34 of 102 for example). O-Matic can't really
> cope with that as it stands - I'll need to have a look at how I can get
> O-Matic to resume calling buildx.sh if the process breaks there - that's not
> as simple as it sounds.
>
> Even if a user attempts to manually download xrdp and use buildx.sh without
> O-Matic, the build process breaking halfway through is still annoying.
>
> Having all the tarballs downloaded at once in one big bundle would have the
> benefit of flagging up problems with a user's proxy settings, for example -
> I had one O-Matic user a while back who was behind a proxy server, who was
> having problems running o-matic. Turned out he had to set not only
> http_proxy but HTTP_PROXY as well. For some reason he didn't find out about
> the problem until a bit way through the buildx.sh process. Perhaps the Big
> Blob Of Tarballs idea would flag that type of problem up earlier.
>
> It would also simplify buildx.sh somewhat - all it'd need to do then would
> be to download the source bundle, untar it, then work from there. It could
> then re-use that already-downloaded bundle rather than have to re-download
> each of the tarballs if started from the beginning - that would also save
> bandwidth I think.
>

> Jay, what would be good in the short term would be to go with option 1 for
> now - much quicker. Then I'll spend some time coming up with a new build
> script/method for option 2, perhaps just incorporating it into O-Matic as
> well.

I like option 1 better and I already checked in a fix for this.  They
all come from server1.xrdp.org now.

The script already will skip downloads if the files exist in
X11R7.6/downloads so you can do a step before buildx.sh to download
them all in one tarball and extract.

Anyway I would like to get to the Xorg driver model as soon as
possible.  Most distros these days have a new enough Xorg.  If not, we
can still use buildx.sh to build and still use the driver model.

Jay