Hi everbody,

  It's both too easy to let things slip and very painful to procrastinate,
so to limit both and try to make the audience happier, I have decided to
switch libxml2 and libxslt to time based releases. At the tune of 2 releases
per year, considering the stability of the code I think it's reasonable.
For simplicity I will release both on the same day.

  So what does that mean ?

- that libxml2-2.9.4 should be out on May 20
- that libxslt-1.1.29 should be out on May 20
- that there should be a release candidate 1 around May 1st for both of
  them then an RC2 around the 10th May and a push on the 20
- that if you have a patch posted to either list or bugzilla which wasn't
  commented on or applied, it's fine and recommended to pester me with
  a private email (might be good to rebase in case that's a really old one)
- if we are getting close to May 1st and your patch isn't in, raise the
  point here, me and Nick Wellnhofer on the XSLT side will make sure they
  go in.
- if after May 1st there hasn't been an RC1 people should complain here
  in case I forgot my promise (and same for RC2 and final)
- and around Nov 1st watch for another cycle

 I really hope this works, that's what I did for my other project (libvirt
but with a 1 month cadence) and this really improves everybody's life!

 So send those requests (Patrick Monnerat and Alex Henrie, no need to send
 again now) for patch needing processing,

  thanks,

Daniel

veill...@redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/