Good evening
A few days ago I installed xubuntu 16.04 alongside with Mint 17.2.
I had hoped for some improvements over past troubles.
Installed an ENGLISH interface, I noticed that I cannot find anywhere an option to
install an input method for Japanese (Anthy, Mozc, fcitx etc.)
When I use "Software -> All" and then search, "Anthy" is the one and only thing being found.
Clicking on "install" shows a progress bar for a few seconds, and that's it.
But the software is NOT installed.
(that goes apparently for other software too;
and as compared to the "software center" in 15.04 the offered softwares can be counted on one hand)

What is necessary to make this work?
Thomas