On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 10:31:18PM +0000, Charles Goodwin wrote :
> On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 20:51, Mike Hostetler wrote:
> > Connecting XUL with a more flexible language such as
> > PHP is also very hard.
>
> That's one of the things that the project I work on addresses - it
> mandates UI and application separation where the UI is in XWT's form of
> (don't sue me) XUL and the application in a language of choice.  The
> communication is either XMLRPC or SOAP, both very common and well
> implemented protocols.
>
> However, I do not know how Mozilla addresses this.

    I am not sure if I'm following this correctly; forgive me if not.

    The link would be to use the XmlHttpRequestObject [1] (sp?) when you
    start your (Mozilla) XUL application. You then send your GET/POST
    requests to the server and receive/parse the response.

    But I completely agree that a proper first-user friendly
    documentation is definitely missing.

    - Markus

    [1] http://www.mozilla.org/xmlextras/