Perhaps it should be
<xu:update select="/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'Bank of Test']/@name"> ?

Or should you have a <xu:replace select="@name"> within the <xu:update> ?

But the way you have written it would seem logical...

It depends on how we think the contents of the xu:update node should be
applied to the selected node, i.e. what is the result-node of the selected
node combined with the contents of xu:update? This result-node should then
replace the node selected in xu:update, in my thinking. (In the actual
db-workings, I guess you would just do the changes, I am talking, as always,
about what conceptual view a user would have of how it works. I think it is
very important to specify this conceptual view, then we will know what
syntax-elements we will need.)

Torbjörn Gannholm

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Contact administrator:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Read archived messages: http://archive.xmldb.org/