Hi Olivier,

I must confess I never use the XUpdate DTD. Can you post the changes to
this mailinglist if you get it to work? That way other people can also
beneft from your work.

 | I have some questions about xupdate semantic :
 |
 | In a xupdate command like 'insert-before' can I put many
 | xupdate:element at
 | the same level instead only one ? (I guess yes)

Yes, you can. Multiple xupdate:element's can be inserted in a
xupdate:insert-before operation. The inserted element appear in the same
order as in the xupdate:insert-before element.

 | Can I embed xupdate:element in xupdate:element to
 | recursively create from
 | scratch a tree fragment ?

Yes, you can. Nesting xupdate:element's creates nested elements in the
result.

 | In the working draft there is the following sample :
 |
 |  <xupdate:variable name="town" select="/addresses/address[0]/town"/>
 |  <xupdate:append select="/addresses">
 |    <xupdate:element name="address">
 |      <xupdate:value-of select="$town"/>
 |    </xupdate:element>
 |  </xupdate:append>
 |
 | In this case the variable named 'town' represents a single
 | node. Is it
 | correct to use variables representing more than on node
 | (nodeset, text ...)

Yes, it it is correct. If a variable selects a nodeset (like in
"/addresses/address/town") all selected nodes will inserted in a
inserted in a insert operation, append in a append operation etc.

regards,

Jeroen