Hi all,

I first wanted to make an xslt-based Xupdate implementation exactly in this
way : an xsl doc applied to the xupdate document and the data document
creates a xsl applied only to the data document.
In concept, it's not so hard, you just have to duplicate your data document
and catching transformations with 'xsl:template' generated by the first
pass.
Nevertheless, in practice I met some problems :
How to process multiple times on the same node, example : a "insert-before"
and a 'insert-after' on the same node ?
How to process collision of commands ?
How to process intersection of nodesets resulting of evaluation of 'select'
attribute ?
How to create nested 'xupdate:element' in the same pass ?
How to process the append command which is applied on the parent node with
child selection and not the node itself ?

If I believe that it could be possible, I believe too, that the amount of
work to finish in this way will be exaggerated comparing to programmatically
transform with dom or sax.
I began, a couple of weeks ago, a porting of XUpdate with Xalan/Xerces C++.
It should be available, as open source, in few days (but must be strongly
tested of course).
I am looking for courageous testers   ;-)

Regards,

Olivier Moises