On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:37:50 -0700
Tom Bradford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yesterday, I threw together some ideas for a quick and dirty extension
> of the XUpdate language that would provide support for relational
> queries against multiple collections.  It would be a easy to use,
> relatively easy to implement alternative to XQuery, which becomes more
> of a monstrosity every time I look at it.
>
> Like I said, I threw it together quickly, so it's nowhere close to
> usable.  I'd very much like feedback for refining it more.
>
> The file XSelect.txt is attached.

Hi Tom,
thanks for your input. Currently I'm very busy with a commercial project.
Therefore I can't give an answer to your proposal but I appreciate your
activity. There are many interested people on this mailing list, so maybe
others will have some time to discuss your ideas.

I generally like and accept your extension. Your <foreach> element leads
me to an issue of XUpdate which is still open: conditional processing.
..) are, but I would like to see them as a part of the XUpdate spec.
Ideas?

There is a growing community using XUpdate so I would love to see some
progress.

Kindest regards,
Lars