This is a strong argument for a client-side tagging component (e.g. a
Firefox extension). There are other advantages to this as well, such as the
fact that you can actually see the page you are tagging. You can do a lot of
neat stuff when you have the entire DOM for the page parsed and in memory.

I've been meaning to add support for a pages META keyword tags to
Scrumptious. Maybe I'll fiddle with a bit of automatic tag extraction as
well. If anyone knows existing research and/or open-source code relating to
this, please let me know.

Cheers,
Matt