Likewise for images?  (Flickr-style slideshow?)

No clients do this yet. If something exists I can add it to the list.

Would system:filetype:torrent just be asking for it?

Yeah, I thought of this late last night. I wonder if that's a dangerous idea.

For the RSS suggestion, export to OPML would be neat. Import/export from services like bloglines would also be a nice touch.

My bookmarklet-fu is a little rusty - would it be possible to do something like "post selected media to del.icio.us", or a bookmarklet which lists all media from a page in a pop-up and then forwards a selected item to del.icio.us?

Lots of browsers require some sort of webpage context in which to run a bookmarklet and thus can't post media that takes over the document area. You have to copy the url and go to del.icio.us/post to do it.

-j