Private posts are still very high priority. It will take several hours of downtime and I'm hesitant to do that right now. But they will be in soon.

Joshua

On Jul 3, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Joel Barrett wrote:

I'm still voting for private bookmarks to get to the top of the to do list.

Joel

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Michael Gibson
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 4:00 PM
To: discuss@del.icio.us
Subject: [delicious-discuss] Suggestions

-          I was thinking of something like John Abbe’s venn diagram idea, but much simpler and with no flash involved: each tag/bundle would have a tick-box next to it, which would show/hide the bookmarks in that category (of course with an all/none checkbox at the top). You could then quickly show as many or few categories as needed. You could also have an AND/OR thing but that might complicate it a bit. – is everyone getting what I mean here? No offence to John’s idea but I think delicious should be kept as simple as possible and definitely free of flash

-          It would be good to be able to list the bookmarks in alphabetical order or by other criteria, not just by date added

-          Some kind of rating system, to rank which users have the best/most viewed bookmark lists, crossreferenced by tag, would be great

-          It’d be good to have a “personal” bookmark section only accessible by the account owner or by granting permission to particular users- for example I would use it to bookmark my router’s IP 172.16.0.1 which I’m sure no-one else is interested in seeing. I’m sure people would use it to bookmark other *ahem* sites as well

-          Don’t know if this has already been suggested, but it’d be good to have a searchable forum on the website to replace this discussion group, cos it would encourage the community to grow and make it easier to track suggestions (for example, I’ve just joined this list and am hardly gonna trawl through months of archives to check if the above ideas have already been suggested.)

Otherwise, congratulations Joshua on creating this excellent tool, I’ve tried a few similar things but I’ve just discovered this and it beats them all- I’m sure when the features are more fully developed del.icio.us has the potential to become as all-powerful as google!

Mike

joshua schachter