In my original post I had in mind kind of an infrastructure for smart mobs. Being able to quickly connect venture capital, entreprenuers, and developers. But more importantly not just people that can do the job but people who are fervently pasionate about the technology and have a reputation among their piers. I'm currently in a small startup and looking down the road at the task of finding the right developers and sweating making the right choice. It would be great to do what Delicious does to bookmaks but with social networks. Imagine taging someone you know with things like java, highlyproductive, friend. Everyone could then look at all the tags that the community uses for an individual and like ebay know how reputable they are. The majority of hires are done through referals from people you know. This would open that up enormously.

joshua schachter wrote:

Was there any conclusion as to whether this is a bad idea or not? I don't hate it, particularly.

There are several features I'd like to get done beforehand though (privacy and groups.)

I don't think we'll have sending broadcast messages, though.

Joshua