Hi,

I've noticed it's not uncommon for people to attempt to wrap >1 word
tags in quotes when posting. I'm pretty sure I tried this myself at
one point, in the hope the terms would be treated as a single tag.
They're not, though.

For example, if I attempt to tag a post with "food hygeine", I will
end up with two tags, '"food' and 'hygeine"'. That's fine, and
probably as it should be, but it does lead to people tagging things in
ways other than they intended to, creating tags they did not intend
to, and failing to associate the url with the concept they intended
to.

Could not the posting page (and the API, for that matter) detect these
cases (tag begins or ends with "), notify the poster, and give them
the opportunity to go back and correct the tags if they wish?

jcartledge.