They aren't, really. Stuff really gets deleted (unless there is a bug) -- try posting something and the page caches should get cleared.

Joshua

I was wondering which is the best way to perform a fresh start on the
service when you've already been using it for a while.

I've being tagging uncarefully my bookmarks for some months, so I just
backed up an export of them. Then it would be useful being able to
delete all bookmarks so I can restart. However not being able to do
so, I thought of removing my account and creating it again. Funny
enough, after doing that your old bookmarks are again there as if
nothing had happened.

So, which way to go?

Cordially, Ismael

joshua schachter