Oh yea, that's the canonical abuse case, isn't it?  Hitting a local cache
of URLs from /posts/all would be great--except if you pulled /posts/all
very frequently.

That is what /update is for - it is inexpensive to call.

Note to everyone writing Delicious helpers (including Flock): what works
great for 100 Delicious posts doesn't necessarily scale for 4000.
(I know that the Flock team is working on improving the speed of their
Lucene implementation).

Flock shows this information in address bar after you've loaded the page.
I'd like to see the information inline on Delicious pages, to help me decide
which items to look at further.  It seems like this could be done in GM, but
nobody's in a better position to do this than Team Delicious.
Wouldn't most users freak? I think a sidebar would be nicer.