Hi Joshua,

IMO this shift towards tag subscriptions is the product of the UI. Currently there is no other way to subscribe to anything, than going to your inbox and filling out TWO input fields. I think this is the main cause for the inballance. Let me explain.

I'm only subscribing to tags of specific users, because I want to get very little, but very good tags. The scenario is usually the following:

* link on the front page (yes, I check it quite frequently ... about 10 - 20 times a day)
* check out what it refers to
* if it's good bookmark it too
* so I have to go to 'inbox' -> edit inbox -> ouch I forgot to remember the user's name -> back button 2x -> copy username to clipboard, remember the tag name -> 'inbox' -> edit inbox -> paste username and type tag

So IMO the problem why people don't really subscribe user/tag intersections is the UI - there is NO 'subscribe this' link on the /user/tagname page.

and yes, this is a feature request :)

keep up the good work

Petr Stedry