On Jun 17, 2006, at 16:42, schulzjf wrote:
> Boolean doesn't seem too hard. How about
> + AND (status quo)
> - NOT
> | OR

You can already do this with some little-known search features:

http://del.icio.us/search/?all=tag%3Astatus+tag%3Aquo
http://del.icio.us/search/?all=tag%3Aweb+-tag%3Aajax
http://del.icio.us/search/?all=tag%3Awww+OR+tag%3Aweb

> I'd love to see grouping ex: "(blog|blogs|blogging)-search" but that
> example brings us back to regexs.

Search terms are stemmed, so tag:blog should get you the others:
http://del.icio.us/search/?all=tag%3Ablog+-tag%3Asearch

You can match exact tags by adding the dot suffix, as in: http://
del.icio.us/search/?all=tag%3Ablog.+-tag%3Asearch

Stemming doesn't provide much of a benefit for really popular links.
Given enough bookmarks, a link will have most forms of a tag anyway.

> "(music|mp3|audio)-articles" is more clearly focused on the Boolean
> issue.

You can explicitly list all the alternatives you want to match:
http://del.icio.us/search/?all=%28tag%3Amusic+OR+tag%3Amp3+OR+tag%
3Aaudio%29+-tag%3Asearch

I recommend taking advantage of stemming whenever possible, though.
It's faster than listing each form of a word separately.

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/IHFolB/TM